As Messianic Rabbi Jonathan Cahn has put it: The Abrahamic Covenant is the key to world history. Understand that and you understand the rise and fall of empires. The Covenant is found in Genesis 12:3. “I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you.” That will pretty much explain everything. Some examples:
- EGYPT – Very shortly after Egypt tried to destroy the Israelites, the Egyptian Empire crumbled.
- BABYLON – Depopulated Jerusalem and forced the Israelites into exile. Similarly, Babylon was de-populated.
- PERSIA – Gave Israel a partial blessing. It let them return but without the same power. So the same happened to Persia. They were greatly reduced but allowed to remain.
- SPAIN – The great Spanish Empire fell shortly after expelling the Jews in 1492 and subjecting them to the Inquisition.
- GREAT BRITAIN – Received God’s blessing in Empire when they supported the Jewish cause, as they did with the Balfour Declaration, promising them a homeland. Then they turned against the Jews in the 1930s & 40s and the British Empire fell right after World War II.
- AMERICA – A longtime supporter of Israel enjoyed wonderful blessings. The US became a superpower. Then Obama turned on the Jews in the UN and even tried to interfere in their elections. So God intervened in the US election and the sure bet, Hillary, was defeated by the dark horse, Trump. And then a marvelous thing happened. President Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, exactly 70 years after Israel became a state. That paralleled the actions of King Cyrus of Persia who recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel exactly 70 years after the beginning of the Babylonian Captivity, both in the first year of their reign.[i]
[i] Jonathan Cahn, as interviewed by Madelyn Rodriguez, Israel: God’s End Time Alarm Clock?, January 17, 2019