“For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.” (Matthew 24:21-22)
If you take nothing else away from what you read here today, know this one thing: There is a very real and extremely dangerous showdown going on that carries the potential of igniting World War III. The events centered on the Korean Peninsula are a threat to the very future of mankind. Following is a summary of the situation.
- North Korea is a state out of control. They’ve launched missiles in the direction of Japan. They routinely threaten to strike Japan, South Korea and US interests with nukes and EMPs. Through Secretary Tillerson, the US has warned Pyongyang that the military option is on the table should America feel that the North was preparing a serious launch. China is backing NK and telling the US to limit action to talks – which is what got us here in the first place.
- North Korea is a real threat. They have satellites that pass over the US several times each day which could potentially serve as launching platforms for a grid-killing EMP device. Pentagon war games have shown that even without the potential of EMP attack, a conflict with North Korea could cost up to 1 million casualties.[i]
- Kim Jung-On has threatened to launch a nuclear attack against the United States “at any time and place”…..[if America continues with its] “hostile actions.”[ii]
- The US has deployed the THAAD missile system in response. China and Russia are vehemently opposed to this action. The Russians have even threatened to “launch killer satellite devices” to counteract the deployment.[iii]
- And just for the record there is increasing evidence that China has been key in supplying Kim with both missile technology and nuclear material. So it is rather disingenuous when the Chinese play at acting as an ‘honest broker’ and talking to the North Koreans about diffusing the situation.[iv] [v] After all, it serves Chinese interests to keep the North in the game against the US.
- China is has proposed that the United States and South Korea discontinue its defense maneuvers in return for the North suspending its nuclear and missile programs. This proposal is a non-starter with the Trump administration.[vi]
- China is claiming and occupying large swaths of the South China Sea, impinging on several independent nations including the Philippines. This of course threatens Taiwan, who America is pledged to protect. China is set on seizing the island. The Trump administration has recently proposed a massive arms package to aid in Taiwan’s defense against a Chinese attack – which would anger Beijing.[vii]
- The US has one giant Achilles Heel in any war with China. For years China has been the supplier of essential computer chips used in American military hardware. And they’ve made the most of that asinine situation. It seems the Chinese have installed “cyber backdoors” on these military grade chips – and can remotely turn off weapons systems at will on some of America’s most relied-upon military hardware.[viii] [ix] This is as serious as it gets!
So here’s one critical scenario. North Korea begins to arm some missiles with nuclear warheads. The US detects the arming and launches a massive pre-emptive strike against the launching facilities, against the North Korean command & control centers, against the thousands of artillery pieces placed within range of the South Korean capital of Seoul, against the massive troop deployments near the border, against the tunnels that are believed to go under the border and open in South Korean territory. In order to shut down all of these facilities effectively, the US uses tactical nuclear weapons. The genie is out of the bottle. Who blinks? Who responds? Is that the limit of the war? Or do China or Russia or both up the ante?
But this is not a time to crumble in fear. But it is a serious call to repentance. CHURCH TAKE YOUR STAND! It is time to humble ourselves and seek the face of the Lord! And even though some men’s hearts may fail “them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth,” we are told to “look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.” (Matthew 21:26-28) The Enemy may threaten and pose, but he hasn’t the ultimate power. “For the kingdom is the Lord’s, And He rules over the nations.” (Psalm 22:28)
[i] Pentagon Officials Warned of ‘A Million Casualties.’, ANP, March 19, 2017
[ii] WW3 Red Alert, My Daily Informer, March 22, 2017
[iii] World War III Is Nearing, The Common Sense Show, March 20, 2017
[iv] Chinese company ‘sold North Korea nuclear bomb materials’, Independent (UK), September 21, 2016
[v] Did North Korea Just Launch a Chinese Missile?, The National Interest, February 17, 2017
[vi] FOX News, March 22, 2017
[vii] Trump administration crafting big new arms sales to Taiwan, Reuters, March 17, 2017
[viii] Proof That Military Chips From China Are Infected?, Defense Tech, May 30, 2012
[ix] ‘Backdoor’ in made-in-China computer chip threatens US military: scientists, Taipei Times, May 29, 2012