Author: Benjamin Gordon
This week we will take a break from the cryptocurrency focus and take a closer look at some of the fulfillments of Bible prophecy during the Year of Jubilee. We will also be taking a quick look at the biblical significance of numbers. Cryptocurrency may evolve substantially by this miraculous Jubilee Year. We’ll soon find out how.
Leviticus 25:9-13 says “You shall then sound a ram’s horn abroad on the tenth day of the seventh month; on that day of atonement you shall sound a horn through your land. You shall thus consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim a release through the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you and each of you shall return to his family. You shall have the fiftieth year as a jubilee; you shall not sow, nor reap its aftergrowth, nor gather in from its untrimmed vines. For it is a jubilee; it shall be holy to you. You shall eat its crops out of the field. On this year of jubilee each of you shall return to his own property.”
Part III – Jubilee Year 5777
The word “jubilee” in Hebrew is “yobhel”. The Hebrew word yobhel stands for qeren ha-yobhel meaning the horn of a ram. The horn of a ram can be made into a trumpet and yobhel became a synonym of trumpet. According to Leviticus 25:9 the trumpet is blown to proclaim liberty throughout the country. Every 49th year on Yom Kippur the shofar is blown to signal that the Jubilee will start 6 months later on the 1st of Nisan. The year of Jubilee was also meant to be a sabbatic year. Leviticus 25:3-5 says “Six years you shall sow your field and six years you shall prune your vineyard and gather in its crop, but during the seventh year the land shall have a sabbath rest, a sabbath to the Lord: you shall not sow your field nor prune your vineyard.”
The Jubilee was thought to have occurred September 23rd 2015 to October 2nd 2016. But is it possible that March 28th 2017 to March 17th 2018 is also a “biblical” Jubilee Year? How can there be 2 Jubilees in 2 year time span? We will take a quick look at the difference between the Civil Hebrew calendar and the Biblical Hebrew calendar. We are also going to observe some modern era events that line up with Jubilee cycles of 50 years that could prove the Hebrew year 5777(2017-2018) to be a year of Jubilee as well. This is based off of “Jubilee like” events that have occured in last 100 years dealing with the land of Israel. Could these be the last 2 Jubilee cycles before the second coming of the Messiah?
The Hebrew year 5777 which just came to a close, biblically speaking, on March 16th rather than Jewish New Year that was celebrated on September 21st. The Jewish New Year is on the 1 Nisan marking the end of the year 5777 is contrary to what the Jewish people believe to be the beginning of that the Jubilee year already occurred September 14th 2015 to October 2nd 2016. This is according to the Civil Hebrew Calendar. However the biblical Hebrew calendar points to a different month to begin the Jubilee Year. In Esther 3:7 it says “In the first month, which is the month Nisan(March-April)…” and no where in the Bible does it say that the first month was changed to the 1st Tishrei(September-October). Tishrei is in fact the 7th month when the trumpet is blown. We now know the trumpet is not blown to signal the new year but rather to signal to prepare for the Jubilee.
God tends to show up big time during the year of Jubilee. Let’s take a look at some miraculous events that occurred in jubilee years specifically on the 17th of Nisan in the Bible.
- 17 Nisan 2457 BC – Genesis 8:1-4 “But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky. The water receded steadily from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the water had gone down, and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat.”
- 17 Nisan 1445 BC – Exodus 12:40-42 “Now the length of time the Israelite people lived in Egypt was 430 years. At the end of the 430 years, to the very day, all the LORD’s divisions left Egypt. Because the LORD kept vigil that night to bring them out of Egypt, on this night all the Israelites are to keep vigil to honor the LORD for the generations to come.
- 17 Nisan 30 AD – Mark 16:14 “Later Jesus appeared to the Eleven as they were eating; he rebuked them for their lack of faith and their stubborn refusal to believe those who had seen him after he had risen.”
This year the 17th of Nisan falls on the day after Resurrection Sunday and on the third day of Passover during this Jubilee season that we recently entered. Could we see a great move of God on this day, this year?
Next we are going to be looking at several events in more recent history. The dates listed are Jubilee years that start on Nisan rather than Tishrei. These dates aren’t recognized as Jubilee years according to the Jewish people but there is a Jubilee theme going on that align with 50 year cycles.
- April 5th 1267-March 23rd 1268 – The chief Jewish leader Nachmanides, commonly called Ramban, went to Jerusalem in 1267. He entered the city on the 9th of Elul (September 8th) and established a Synagogue on Mt. Zion that same year. At his arrival there were less than 10 Jews in the region. Because of him, many other Jews migrated to Jerusalem
- March 18th 1817- April 6th 1818 – Emperor Alexander I of Russia established the Ministry of Religious Affairs on the 2th of May 1817. He offered Jews full civil rights, free land, and no taxation if they converted to Christianity. He was inclined towards the physical and spiritual well-being of the Jewish people who were being persecuted elsewhere in Europe.
- April 11th 1967- March 29th 1968 – The recapture of Jerusalem by the Jews in June 1967 along with other large regions of the Holy Land like Judea, Samaria, the Golan Heights, Gaza and the Sinai Peninsula.
According to the Civil Hebrew calendar none of these events would have fit into the Jubilee year that starts in the month of Tishrei. If we examine God’s biblical calendar these events fit in perfectly with the Jubilee Year starting in Nisan. In all of these events the Jewish people reclaimed land fulfilling Levitical law.
5777 is said to be the “Year of Completion”. This is the 120th jubilee cycle since Adam, 70th jubilee cycle, since Moses and the Exodus and the 40th jubilee cycle since Jesus. All very significant biblical numbers. 40 is the theme of testing and judgment in the bible. 70 is noted as being ‘full of years’ or living a full lifetime in Psalm 90:10. Genesis 6:3 says “And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty year.” What could God have in store for us at the completion of this Jubilee Year? Jerusalem was recaptured in 1967 only by six days of miracles. Jerusalem will have completed 50 years in 2018. May 14, 2018 she will celebrate 51 years. May 14th was the date of ascension in 33 AD. There have been many significant events that occurred this jubilee that I did not cover, for example the Revelation 12 sign on September 23, 2017 7 days prior to Yom Kippur. Could the markets fall and banks fail resulting in debt being erased? The Dow Jones recently dropped a whopping 724 points March 22nd over fears of a trade war with China. Signs are pointing to economic collapse. Could cryptocurrency and gold rise out of the ashes?