We’ve looked at where we’ve come from. It’s time to shift gears and ponder what lies ahead. We’ll be looking not only at ‘What’ will happen – but also trying to discern the ‘Why’! Behind it all we may find some hint of the character of God.
WHERE WE’RE HEADED
“Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?” And Jesus answered and said to them: ‘Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows. “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.’” (Matthew 24:3-14)
The Meaning of Everything
We serve a many faceted God; A God of Creation, a God of Provision, a God of Healing, A God that Sustains us, the God of our Salvation, the God of the Beginning and the End, the Alpha and Omega. Yes, a God that was before time, but a God of the start of things and the end of things – and the process in between. A God of History, if you will. And through it all; in that history, (here’s the incredible thing) – He is achieving His purposes. He has a purpose in the beginning – and a purpose in the end of things. We’ve talked before how through it all His prophetic will is achieved in an incredible calculus that harnesses human free will, and our predilection for evil to and selfishness and pride to work all things for the good of all those that have a relationship with Him and are called according to His purposes.
History is an Expression of His will. Man operates as a free agent, choosing his path….and God accomplishes His purposes.
This is where the prophecy comes in. God’s prophetic Word shows at least two things. It shows the End Game. Deeper than that, it shows God’s Heart.
So that’s what I’m looking at today; The Big Question; the meaning of everything. It seems we’re always looking at the ‘WHAT’ – and we have to. But let’s take this a layer deeper. [I don’t pretend we can accomplish that. But perhaps we can get a glimpse of that reality. – As we watch God at work from Creation through all of history and now here to the cusp of the fulfillment of all prophecy let’s look for the ‘WHY’.
1John 4:8 tells us “God is love,” and so He is. Yet we see a picture of God in the Garden tossing Adam and Eve out for one violation – a transaction that changed the entire fate of so much of mankind. And we see Him doing all that Old Testament stuff that makes us so uncomfortable. But ever since the banishment, people have been longing to go back to the Garden…..but mostly on our own terms. Related to that is the onset and ongoing rebellion against that Laws of God. Beginning in Babel we tried to set up housekeeping for ourselves on this earth, building and altering the gods we worshiped according to our own whims.
Yet in the midst of this rebellion, God’s purposes remained. And those purposes have never changed. God’s overriding will is to express the Love that is the very center and essence of His character through the establishment of a Kingdom in which we, His subjects, will be part of His spiritual family. This concept is unlike any that any of the false religions that populate the globe have been able to come up with. The love expressed in just that very idea is beyond the ability of humans to give credibility to – without the enablement of the Holy Spirit. Paul put it like this: “He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.” (Ephesians 1:4-6)
So on one level it is hard to fathom the insistence of man in operating in rebellion against this Creator God of Love. But we do, both individually and corporately. There is even a certain momentum to the rebellion that is reaching its peak as we near the return of Messiah. In Paul’s Second Letter to Timothy we read: “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof.” (2Timothy 3:1-5) (KJV)
We are witnesses of this fulfillment, watching the world hurtle down a culture-changing road of self-destruction. Let’s review just a sample of our demise. This list is in no way comprehensive – yet it is enough to bate the breath.
- In Matthew 24, Jesus warned us: “Take heed that no one deceives you.”
- Pope Francis says: “Christians and Muslims are brothers and sisters.” // Fundamentalism “is a disease of all religions.”
- Pope Francis: Atheists can be saved
- Pope Francis on Homosexuality: “Who am I to judge?”
- Pope Francis: Jews don’t need to accept Christ to be saved. So stop evangelizing.
- Pope Francis says: We are all Children of God
- We read of wars and rumors of wars
- Russia is gathering forces in the Middle East, in Syria, on Israel’s borders
- Syria – Hezbollah (Lebanon), Hamas (Palestinians), all gathering against Israel
- China, flexing its muscle in the region
- Iran: Sponsoring terror, supplying Israel’s enemies and threatening destruction of the Jewish state.
- Iranian Nuclear Deal……The Terror State becoming a major nuclear power; threatening Israel with destruction all around.
- In Zechariah God tells us that there is coming a day when all the world will turn against Israel. “Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness to all the surrounding peoples.” (Zech 12:3) “For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem.” (Zech 14:3)
- America: Pentagon has a plan to remake Middle East – Overthrowing nations and redrawing borders.
- America is supporting Islamic Radicals in Syria and elsewhere to advance its foreign policy – which is all about oil and world power.
- The US can also boast:
- The Shame of Arab Spring
- The Shame of Benghazi
- The support of Islam over Christianity
- A Plan to reduce Saudi Arabia
- Support for al-Qaeda in Syria
- Weapons and training for ISIS
- This is the same ISIS that routinely slaughters Christians and any who oppose it.
- The same ISIS that brings beheadings & crucifixions and mass rape to the internet for worldwide consumption
- The US wages a phony war against ISIS to placate the home front while still using them to advance the agenda of the Global Elite
- We can boast of America’s growng opposition to Israel
- Turkish oil deal with ISIS: Funneling it for resale to Europe
- 3rd Intifada: Stabbings, attacks on average Israelis….and the near-silence of the Western Media
- The Islamic Invasion of Europe
- Islamic Refugee Crime Spree…Rapes and assaults on its hosts
- Europe and America opening its arms to an Islamic Invasion – which was promised by Radical Muslim Leaders
- US Borders open to terror with Hezbollah and al-Qaeda coming through
- Terror breaking out in Europe
- Terror breaking out in the US……
- Terror denied in US
- American Patriots / Domestic Terrorists suspected and blamed, resulting in:
- Unconstitutional Disarming of American Citizens
- Gun confiscation has always led to genocide
- As evidenced by Hitler / Stalin / Mao / Pol Pot
- Tens of millions murdered of disarmed populations murdered in the 20th century
- US Military training to operate against American Citizens. Believing in the Constitution, it seems, makes one an enemy of the state
- Climate Change Agreement: Creating the Architecture for World Government
- Pope promoting climate change agreement through a world governing body
- We have the return of the Days of Noah and Lot; the destruction of the Judeo / Christian Culture
- The Year of Caitlin / Bruce
- The Year of Legalizing Matrimonial Sodomy
- The Year of Same Sex / Transgender Bathrooms & Showers in Schools
- 60 Million babies sacrificed / murdered since Roe v Wade – 900,000 per year
- The Year of Planned Parenthood Sales of Baby Parts
- Economic Tsunami awaits
- China failing
- Middle East stocks crashing
- Over $18 trillion Federal debt
- $1.4 trillion derivatives (mostly worthless)
- National Economic Emergencies: in France & Venezuela
- Cash is being phased out: Replaced by electronic money
- A Mark of the Beast System is being readied. We are tracked and chipped already…in our phones and many of our cards. All voluntarily.
- Rumors of Wars
- Russia in Syria & Ukraine
- Turkey in Syria
- China v Japan & Taiwan
- North Korea developing a long-range missile to carry its nuclear payload
- That brings the threat of an EMP that could take out the power in the majority of North America and kill hundreds of millions over the course of a couple of years
- Hezbollah & Hamas & Syria v Israel – Setting the stage for Psalm 83 War
- Civil War in Egypt
- All According to the Plan revealed in Masonic and Illuminati literature
- Jewish Persecution increasing worldwide
- Germany / France /
- Flash mob in Britain
- Jews Returning to Israel in record numbers
- France: Thousands in months
- Worldwide Aliyah increasing
- It’s all according to Scripture. The Prophet Isaiah writes: “Fear not, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and from the west I will gather you. I will say to the north, Give up, and to the south, Do not withhold; bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.”
- Just as promised, God is gathering His people together as the Last Days approach.
It looks like the Forces of Evil are winning. The Dark Power is ascendant. But through it all: God is accomplishing His purposes. There is something else going on here and it will take the world by storm and by judgment.
All of prophecy is coming together. But what does it all mean, this prophetic convergence? What’s the point? What’s God getting at? I mean, God doesn’t just hang out. He doesn’t head down to the mall to kill a few millennia. When He acts: He means it! “Remember the former things long past, For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is no one like Me, Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, ‘My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure.’” (Isaiah 46:9-10) (NASB)
If we look close enough we see that right now. God IS accomplishing His purposes as He draws a people to Himself from every tribe and tongue and nation. Perhaps 150 million Christians in Communist China. Underground churches in Iran. Movement in Bangladesh. The African Revival. Arabs and other Muslims converting because they’re having dreams of Jesus. God is accomplishing His work, His purpose.
And do you know why these movements are happening? Why there are millions coming to Christ? Because God is a God of love. He is love. And His heart breaks for all of lost mankind. And we all start off lost. Scripture reveals His heart. God “wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1Timothy 2:4) “The Lord does not want anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” (2Peter 3:9) He loves us so much that He put His Son on the Cross. “For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.” (2Corinthians 5:20-21) That’s His purpose.
His purpose is to reveal the Father. “No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” (Matthew 11:27) He came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets: Matthew 5:17. He came to bring judgment. “For judgment I have come into this world, so that the blind will see and those who see will become blind.” (John 9:39) Jesus came to atone for sin, proclaim freedom and give life. He came to testify to the Truth. “For this reason I was born, and for this I came into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.” (John 18:37)
Ultimately I believe, these all served the greater truth; the full expression of His love; the building of His Kingdom and Spiritual Family. God has already proved his mastery of time and history. From the Timeless, pre-creation existence, to the Creation Event, to the Fall in the Garden, the Descent into Evil (as man drew farther away from God), to the Flood Judgment, the Rebellion at Babel, the Birth of Israel – physically set apart from the nations, which served as the vehicle for Messiah, to the Cross and Resurrection; all worked through and around human will, these all accomplished God’s purposes. That was the turning point, the fulfillment of the Promise. Afterward came the Church, spiritually set apart from the world. Yet the world waxed worse and returned to the depths of the Grand Rebellion. And the Church often stumbles and loses its way. (Still a remnant has always remained.) But that’s not the end of the story. We have moved to edge of the next chapter of the story. We stand on the cusp of what theologians call the Last Days. The world will face Tribulation and Judgment. But that is not the end of things for the subjects of His Kingdom, the Spiritual Family He is building. (Remember, that has been His purpose all along.) Yeshua is returning and He will sit on the throne prepared for Him, ruling and reigning. There is coming the creation of a New Heaven and a new Earth. And those that are “called by His name” will be with Him through a timeless eternity.
In Revelation 21:6-7, Jesus said this: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. He who overcomes shall inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.” To the Timeless One, it is done!
Before the creation of the world, the God purposed that there would be a Kingdom of Believers and Kings and Priests and that this would be ruled by the Second Person of the Trinity, Jesus / Yeshua. Colossians 1:15-18 puts it thus: “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.”
We long for the fulfillment of that purpose. “The Spirit and the Bride say, ‘Come!’” (Revelation 22:17)