“Why do the nations rage, And the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, ‘Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us.’ He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure: ‘Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion.’” (Psalm 2:1-6)
The opening of Psalm 2 is one of my favorite passages in the Bible. Puny men are conspiring against God. It is laughable – and God reacts accordingly. And in the end, His purposes will be served. “Let us break Their bonds in pieces,” they say. And so says man today! God’s laws are violated with impunity – not just in America but throughout the globe. Marriage and sexuality and the beginning of life are re-defined. The bonds are broken. God is laughing at our rebellion. In the end, it will only hurt those who do not surrender to Him, our Creator, our Sustainer, our Savior.
The whole world is in rebellion. We have been from the beginning. From the time of the Garden, when we chose to set up shop for ourselves. From the time of Noah, when all of our generations, save one, was corrupted. From the time of Babble, when mankind sought to set up a system without God. We have always been in rebellion. Now in the West, in America, we are facing a serious crossroads. Perhaps we have even passed it. Joshua told the Israelites in a similar time of choosing. “Now therefore fear the Lord and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. And if it is evil in your eyes to serve the Lord, choose this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your fathers served in the region beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:14-15) (ESV) It is the only choice left to us to avoid the God’s destroying judgment.
There are trajectories to the life-cycle of a civilization. 18th century Scotsman, Alexander Tyler defined those cycles that all civilizations go through. In our own history, we can see that America has walked much of this road.
- Bondage to spiritual growth – The American colonies were bound to Great Britain. The Parliament in London could overrule their colonial legislatures, levy taxes and pretty much do what it liked. As the colonies grew so did the awareness of their God-given rights. This was aided by the outbreak of the Great Awakening which served as a major revivalist influence among the populace and emphasized a personal relationship with God.[i]
- Spiritual growth to great courage – The renewed religious fervor opened the door to establish the morality of the revolutionary movement as a righteous cause. Many ministers led the way, taking up arms and lending “assurance to the average American that revolution was justified in the sight of God.”[ii]
- Courage to liberty – The courage shown during the Revolutionary War, as they put their “Lives,” “Fortunes,” and “sacred Honor” on the line, resulted in not only freedom from British control, but also the enshrinement of the God-given rights guaranteed in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
- Liberty to abundance – As the new United States grew, God blessed it with abundance, turning it in time into one of the most prosperous and powerful nations / empires the world has ever seen.
- Abundance to complacency – Historically, it was the pioneering spirit that drove America, the drive to subdue a continent. This was followed by the moral causes that energized various generations. But eventually the raison d’être just became the chasing of wealth and self-satisfaction. We became a nation that wandered far from God and His principles, chasing instead distractions like sex, drugs and rock-n-roll.
- Complacency to apathy – Eventually and inevitably, apathy will follow.
- Apathy to dependence – Now we are to an increasing degree, a dependent society. Government has taken over where God once reigned. Increasing welfare rolls and other entitlements have robbed much of the population of the recognition of the value of hard work.
- Dependence back to bondage[iii] – That’s the inevitable outcome, if the trend is not reversed.
So where is America on this great civilizational journey? I would argue in the midst of 7 and hurtling toward 8. We are a nation that has abandoned our beginning. We were a nation once dedicated to God. Now His name can scarce be mentioned in the public schools which were originally set up to assure that the population could read the scriptures. How ironic! Twenty-two civilizations have risen and fallen. They generally fail for the same basic reasons.
- They abandon their religious convictions. In the process, they lose the consensus of their moral center.
- Sex and perversion overruns the culture. With its celebration of perversion and gender confusion, America fits that bill.
- The value of their money fails. Inflation sets in.
- The work-ethic is devalued, even demeaned.
- Respect for the law wanes. Violence is an approved means to an end. [Just think ANTIFA: Using violence to get their way while receiving the tacit approval of the MSM and one side of the political leadership.][iv]
Rumors of War
To add to this internal failing, we have our enemies without. The world is determined to unseat the United States. To that end, China is flexing its newly acquired muscles. They build and militarize artificial islands in international water, claiming them as territory. Russia and China engage in mass military exercises. Russian planes break into South Korean airspace multiple times. The South Koreans fire over 300 warning shots. The Russian planes eventually retreat. But they have mapped the entire South Korean air defense system.[v] The Chinese threaten Taiwan with takeover. America backs Taiwan with billions of dollars of arms. The US is pledged to protect the island.[vi] Chinese troops build up forces on the border of semi-independent Hong Kong. The US responds. Headline from the Daily Mail reads: “US warship sails through the Taiwan Strait hours after China said it was ‘ready to go to war’ with anyone who interferes in its relations with the island.”[vii] And in the Middle East, Israel continues to hit Iranian related targets in southern Syria and Iraq. [Last time, we talked about the possible connections that could have to fulfilling the Psalm 83 prophecy.]
Then there is the threat to US sovereignty emanating from this hemisphere. The Center for Immigration Studies informs us that “unusually high numbers of non-Latino migrants, obviously not from Central America, are now reportedly passing from Colombia through Panama on their way to the US.” “Massive numbers of Africans are overwhelming government camps.” They know about how to play the system. They are informed about sanctuary cities. Most are from Cameroon, the Congo or Ghana. Panama and Costa Rica systematically push them toward the US border. It is the newest rush of invaders overwhelming the system.[viii]
Some Latin American nations have gone so far as to partner with our enemies. Russia calls Nicaragua “an important partner.” Argentina may have a deal with Moscow to support the seizing of the Falkland Islands from the UK. Venezuela, [where we seem to be trying to unseat a duly elected president ….over oil, perhaps] – have or will soon have arms deals with the Russians. Brazil has weapons and is looking for a “strategic partnership.” Central America is the home of the paramilitary training camps, preparing a strike force against the US. Pravda claims Cuba will soon house nuclear missile launchers. And the Chinese already control US ports (Long Beach) and wind farms in the western part of the country, reportedly manned by Chinese military personnel. The Chinese are backing the CALEXIT movement, which hopes to see that state secede from Federal control.[ix]
And they are aided – wittingly or not – by a 5th column of politicians and bureaucrats and Deep Staters and criminal types that have infiltrated and divided our military and civilian institutions. Here are headlines for two stories that broke just this month. “Hundreds Of Pentagon Officials Caught Running Child Porn Network On Official Defense Dept Computers.”[x] “18 US Marines, one sailor arrested for alleged crimes including human smuggling and drug-related offenses.”[xi]
Putting It All Together
So where are we headed with all of this. Now some would argue that this is the third revolutionary wave, following on the heels of the French and Bolshevik Revolutions. There is an attempt to justify the violence of ANTIFA and the radical-Left against any that would utter an opposing idea. There is no democratic process in their political theology. Opposition must be stamped out. Much like the Brown Shirts stamped out the opposition in Hitler’s rise to power. Much like the Bolsheviks, the Communists, stamped out those that opposed them in the Russian Revolution. So, has ‘The Revolution’ really come to America? It is interesting. Because this is not a grass roots movement. It is not, at its generating core, an economic revolution. It is what Dave Hodges calls a “cultural purge” fueled by “reverse racism directed at white people.” He reminds us: “Remember, Omar said white men are more dangerous than Jihadi terrorists. The stage is being set. The Justice Democrats selected, funded and groomed ‘The Squad’ for just this purpose. Other targets will be Christians, nationalists (who are falsely called White Supremacy purveyors). Anyone who opposes the murder of babies, antivax people, or are opposed to horrific examples of sexuality including beasiality and pedophilia will be targets of this purge… It is a purge of morality and the overthrow of our culture.”[xii] Hodges predicts that the revolutionaries will unleash a “reign of terror” in this country, akin to the one that accompanied the French Revolution.
The true revolutionaries here are the Globalists. Brandon Showalter wrote in the Christian Post: “They are a “wealthy, elite and powerful tribe for whom national borders are an impediment.”[xiii] They intend to build a secular version of the Universal Church. Theologian Fay Voshell describes it thus. “The religion of globalism sees an earthly, utopian world order in which all men pay allegiance to elite priests who rule over a World City without borders.[xiv]
This this the Kingdom of Antichrist being described. It is why we see morality being flipped on its head. Why we see the demeaning of anything Christian or conservative in value. This is part of the struggle that has been from the beginning. It is an ideology / theology born of the demonic. Nothing less! And it derives its power from the Enemy of our souls. It is not men alone we fight. They are just the tools of this demonic power. “For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” (Ephesians 6:12-13)
[i] Consulted: Great Awakening, History.com, March 7, 2018
[ii] Religion and the Founding of the American Republic, Library of Congress, viewed August 1, 2019,
[iii] Msgr Charles Pope, The Eight Stages of the Rise and Fall of Civilizations, October 12, 2016,
[iv] Rev Mark H Creech, The Handwriting on the Wall, Christian Post, April 24, 2017
[v] China-Russia joint exercise…, AFP, July 24, 2019
[vi] US, China tilting toward conflict on Taiwan, Asia Times, July 25, 2019
[vii] US warship sails through the Taiwan Strait hours after China said it was ‘ready to go to war’ with anyone who interferes…,
Daily Mail, July 25, 2019
[viii] Todd Bensman, The Next Influx, The Center for Immigration Studies, July 1, 2019
[ix] Dave Hodges, America is Surrounded by its Enemies, The Common Sense Show, July 27, 2019
[x] Hundreds Of Pentagon Officials Caught Running Child Porn Network, Washington Standard, July 21, 2019
[xi] 18 US Marines, one sailor arrested for alleged crimes including human smuggling, CNN, July 27, 2019
[xii] Dave Hodges, If You Understand the Meaning of the WSJ’s “3rd Wave,” It’s Time to Lock and Load, The Common Sense Show,
July 28, 2019
[xiii] Brandon Showalter, Globalism Is Anti-Christ, Demonic, Theologians Argue, Christian Post, September 28, 2016
[xiv] Fay Voshell, Globalism: The Religion of Empire, The American Thinker, September 4, 2016